Preliminary Damage AssessmentCitizen Reporting Form
Complete Your Preliminary Damage Assessment
Preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) may be done by a trained NGO linked to a PubSafe organization or a citizen not part of PubSafe. The goal is to share accurate information, as quickly as possible, with decision-makers managing a disaster situation.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to install the free PubSafe mobile app and subscribe!
Each PubSafe organization gets a unique link which can be used by team members to conduct PDA which then appear in the organization PubSafe portal.
Data Sharing Consent
PDAs are shared with PubSafe organizations and members and may be exported to third parties such as the Red Cross Disaster HUB or goverment to be part of a larger data set accessed by additional agencies or organizations. PDAs submitted to PubSafe by an organization member will insert the report into the organizations web portal. The organization then controls who the information is shared with and how. All data may be passed to third parties as part of the overall disaster response effort. None will be shared, sold or otherwise for gain unrelated to disaster response.
Submitting this form means you understand and agree to the data sharing in an effort to improve disaster outcomes.
Tips for Reporting Damage
1. Only for residential main structures. No commercial buildings, businesses, barns, fences or carports.
2. Include multiple clear photos. Take close up detailed photos as well as wide perspective photos. Photo size is limited to 5 mg so you may need to adjust your camera settings.
3. Be sure the address & location on the map is accurate along with your contact information.
4. Only submit one report per property.
5. Avoid personally identifiable information such as photos, documents, deceased people, etc.